STAAR assessments assess the following grade and subject areas:
- Grade 3 - Reading and Math
- Grade 4 - Reading, Math, and Writing
- Grade 5* - Reading, Math, and Science
- Grade 6 - Reading and Math
- Grade 7 - Reading, Math, and Writing
- Grade 8* - Reading, Math, Science, and Social Studies
SSI - Student Success Initiative
Students in grades 5 and 8 must pass both the Reading and Math STAAR assessments to advance to the next grade level. Students will be given up to three opportunities to pass the assessments. Grade placement committees will be established to determine advancement if STAAR assessments are not passed by the third administration.
High School EOC Testing
High school students are required to take 5 subject area End of Course (EOC) Assessments prior to graduation.
- Grade 9 - STAAR EOC - English I, Algebra I, Biology
- Grade 10 - STAAR EOC - English II
- Grade 11 - STAAR EOC - U.S. History
Assessment and Accountability Links: