Caddo Mills ISD
Instructor: Candice Ochsendorf RN Conference Period: 11:52-12:48
Office Phone Number: (903) 527-3416 ext: 2305 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This course is a 2 semester, 2 period class. It is designed to provide for the development of multi-occupational knowledge and skills related to a wide variety of health careers. Students will shadow health care professionals and have some, limited, hands-on experiences for continued knowledge and skill development during the second semester.
- Credits: 2 credit
- Grades 11-12
- Required prerequisite: Principles of Health Science
Primary Instructional Materials: iCEV
Supplemental Instructional Materials:
- 3 subject notebook
- pen and/or pencil
- Hand Sanitizer
- The student demonstrates professional standards/employability skills as required by business and industry.
- The student applies mathematics, science, English language arts, and social studies in health science.
- The student displays verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- The student analyzes and evaluates communication skills for maintaining healthy relationships throughout the lifespan.
- The student relates appropriate information to the proper authority in a simulated classroom setting.
- The student identifies documents integrated into the permanent record of the health informatics system
- The student describes academic requirements necessary for employment in the health science industry.
- The student identifies problems and participates in the decision-making process
- The student implements the knowledge and skills of a health science professional in the classroom setting.
- The student evaluates ethical behavioral standards and legal responsibilities.
- The student exhibits the leadership skills necessary to function in a democratic society.
- The student maintains a safe environment
- The student assesses wellness strategies for the prevention of disease.
Your final grade will be based on your progress throughout the semester in the areas of applied skills, test, and daily work. The test grades come from satisfactorily completing applied skill projects and test. There will be at least one project and one test every grading period. The daily work portion of your final grade includes homework, notebook, and daily participation. They will be weighted as follows:
- Tests and Projects 60%
- Daily Work 40%
Class participation grades will be based on the following scale.
- Student exhibits on-task behavior and attitude the entirety of the class period-90-100
- Student exhibits on-task behavior and attitude more than half of the class period-80-89
- Student occasionally exhibits off-task behaviors and attitudes-70-79
- Student regularly exhibits off-task behaviors and attitudes-60-69
- Student does not participate-less than 59.
It is the responsibility of the student to obtain all makeup work assignments for the day(s) they were absent, or missed class. Lab participation cannot be made up. All school policies regarding makeup and late work will be followed.
Students will be given one opportunity to redo each failing assignment, such as quizzes, homework, test, or projects with the highest grade being a (70). Redo work must be turned in within five calendar days of it being returned to the student. All redo assignments must be on a separate sheet of paper. The missed question and correct answer must be provided with rational and explanations as to how this answer is correct. The student has two options on how to complete this. First option is to type all the required information and either email to email@example.com or print it and turn it into the appropriate box.