Caddo Mills ISD
Instructor: Candice Ochsendorf RN Conference Period: 12:57pm to 1:37pm
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Office Phone Number: (903) 527-3416 ext: 2305
Course Description: Students will be introduced to the medical field by learning about basic medical terminology, body systems diagnostic procedures, treatment procedures, and medical professions. Students go in-depth into the systems of the body including: skeletal, muscular, cardiovascular, lymphatic, immune, respiratory, and nervous. Students will also be introduced to various medical diagnostic procedures such as: X-RAY, MRI, and CAT Scan.
● Credits: 1 credit
● Grades 10-12
● Required prerequisite: Principles of Health Science
Primary Instructional Materials: Healthcenter 21
Supplemental Instructional Materials:
● 1 1/2 inch Binder
● pen and/or pencil
● college ruled notebook paper
● 5 dividers
- white card stock paper
- hand sanatizer
● The student demonstrates professional standards/employability skills as required by business and industry.
● The student recognizes the terminology related to the health science industry.
● The student demonstrates communication skills using the terminology applicable to the health science industry
● The student examines available resources.
● The student interprets medical abbreviations.
● The student appropriately translates health science industry terms.
Grading Policy: Your final grade will be based on your progress throughout the semester in the areas of applied skills, test, and daily work. The test grades come from satisfactorily completing applied skill projects and test. There will be at least one project and one test every grading period. The daily work portion of your final grade includes homework, notebook, and daily participation. They will be weighted as follows:
● Tests and Projects 60%
● Daily Work 40%
Class participation grades will be based on the following scale.
● Student exhibits on-task behavior and attitude the entirety of the class period-90-100
● Student exhibits on-task behavior and attitude more than half of the class period-80-89
● Student occasionally exhibits off-task behaviors and attitudes-70-79
● Student regularly exhibits off-task behaviors and attitudes-60-69
● Student does not participate-less than 59.
Makeup/Late Work: It is the responsibility of the student to obtain all makeup work assignments for the day(s) they were absent, or missed class. Lab participation cannot be made up. All school policies regarding makeup and late work will be followed. Failed Assignments: Students will be given one opportunity to redo each failing assignment, such as quizzes, homework, test, or projects with the highest grade being a (70). Redo work must be turned in within five calendar days of it being returned to the student. All redo assignments must be on a separate sheet of paper. The missed question and correct answer must be provided with rational and explanations as to how this answer is correct. The student has two options on how to complete this. First option is to type all the required information and either email to email@example.com or print it and turn it into the appropriate box.