Caddo Mills ISD Staff Development Guidelines
Caddo Mills ISD is dedicated to the professional growth of our staff members. Staff development opportunities are provided in district throughout the school year. Registration for all in district staff development is accessible in Eduphoria.
Staff Development Requirements
Annually, all CMISD certified staff members are required to obtain 4 hours of in district professional development training to be completed. In order to achieve at least a “Developing” rating on Dimension 4.3 of the Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS) this requirement must be completed. This requirement is in addition to state mandated training that is required annually, bi-annually or online compliance training.
Levels of Distinction in Professional Development
Additional in district staff development hours beyond the required 4 hours of professional development training will enable staff to obtain levels of Distinction in Professional Development.
- Bronze Star: 5 hours of in district professional development
- Silver Star: 7 hours of in district professional development
- Gold Star: 10 hours of in district professional development
- All in district staff development must be completed and recorded in Eduphoria by the last Friday in April.
- Staff members other than certified teachers may participate in any professional development offered by the district and may earn levels of Distinction in Professional Development.
- All required annual trainings must be completed in order for a staff member to receive a Level of Distinction.
- Online courses may count toward the required staff development hours or the hours for distinction, only if they are facilitated in Eduphoria.
- All staff members achieving a Level of Distinction will be recognized in front of the School Board.
- Staff members receiving a Gold Level of Distinction will be honored at a breakfast with the School Board at the end of the school year.
- Presenting a staff development or training earns credit (x2) for each session presented.
Example: 30 minute session = 1 hour of credit, 1 hour session = 2 hours credit.